Deliciously indulgent tasting breakfast free from syns!
Overnight oats have become a bit of a legend in Slimming World circles, and when I tried them for the first time I could understand why. Layering up and leaving the ingredients overnight allows some of the yoghurt to soak into the oats, and the fruit to infuse with everything without creating the ‘soggy’ texture of porridge as the oats retain a little of their crunchiness. This is so good that you could probably also pass it off as a pudding! I tend to use frozen berries as they are both cheap and convenient, and I think that defrosting softens them a little too so that they really work with the consistency of the other elements. So many possible combinations to try here – you could try some of the different Free flavours of Muller Light (in the picture here I used strawberry) or go for a fat-free greek yoghurt, and give some different fruit combinations a whirl to see what you like the best.
- 40 g Porridge Oats
- 200 g fat free yoghurt if you aren't using a flavoured yoghurt, you may want to add some sweetener or honey
- 2 handfuls mixed frozen berries
- Put one handful of berries into the bottom of your jar/bowl
- sprinkle over half the oats
- spoon over half of the yoghurt
- Repeat, so you have another layer of everything
- Pop into the fridge and leave overnight for the magic to happen!