The easiest pasta sauce to make, super quick but it tastes amazing!
Before I tried this meal, I would have said that I didn’t like anchovies, olives or capers… this converted me to all of those things! If you think you don’t like anchovies I really urge you to give this a go! This version is the super-quick one, so I haven’t included olives and capers (if you are following Slimming World you would need to syn the olives). This is the pasta sauce I make when our cupboards are (nearly) bare, and for just such occasions I make sure that I always have anchovies, tinned tomatoes and spaghetti in the cupboard! Add sliced black olives and capers to make it even more tasty, but like this it’s still gorgeous!
The easiest pasta sauce to make, super quick but it tastes AMAZING! Syns: 0.5 per portionPrint Recipe
- 1 tin anchovy fillets all oil drained away
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-2 red chillies if you’re feeling brave try a scotch bonnet!
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Parsley to garnish optional
- low calorie cooking spray
- salt and pepper
- 150 g dried spaghetti
- Roughly chop the anchovies, and finely chop the garlic and chilli
- Spray a frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and throw in the anchovies, garlic and chilli. stir fry at a fairly high heat for 2-3 minutes, the anchovies will kind of melt into the rest
- Add in the tin of chopped tomatoes, stir in the tomato puree and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, stirring occasionally
- In the meantime cook the spaghetti to al dente (about 11 minutes)
- Drain the spaghetti. reserving a little of the cooking water, pop it back into the pan and spoon in the sauce, stirring to fully coat the spaghetti, and adding a little of the cooking water if it needs loosening a little
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve sprinkled generously with fresh parsley
- Additional Info
Also lovely with freshly grated parmesan. A rocket salad on the side goes perfectly.
Tried this recipe?Mention @the_slimming_foodie or tag #theslimmingfoodie!