Just a bit of fun for pancake day in the lead up to Valentine’s!
I’m always experimenting with different pancake recipes as I love them as a breakfast option! These ones use pureed raspberries to flavour them, and are lovely served with honey, golden syrup or choc shot and some fresh berries!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 40 g porridge oats
- 35 g fat free fromage frais
- 35 g raspberries frozen or fresh
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Low calorie cooking spray I used Butter Fry light
- Combine all of the ingredients thoroughly in a food processor
- Heat a good, non-stick frying pan or pancake pan and spray with low calorie cooking spray, turn the heat up high
- Dollop the mixture into the pan with a dessert spoon- this makes 4-5 small pancakes
- Allow to cook on a high heat for a minute or so, then turn the heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes until the top of the pancakes has started to solidify
- Spray the tops of the pancakes with low calorie cooking spray, turn the heat up again, and flip over with a spatula
- Cook on high heat for 1 minute, then turn down and cook on a low heat for about another 2 minutes