If you want a pancake recipe which is completely syn-free (using your HEB oats), but still really delicious, this is the one
I’ve tried making the quark pancakes, which tasted good, but were impossible to even flip because they just fell apart, and the oat and egg pancakes which again taste good but fall apart very easily, and then I discovered this recipe. Using fat-free cottage cheese, egg whites and oats blended together you have a lovely firm pancake which still tastes delicious. I really recommend them for a lovely treat weekend breakfast!
Delicious, healthy pancake recipeSyn-freeHealthy-extra: BPrint Recipe
- 6 egg whites
- 125 g fat free cottage cheese
- 40 g oats
- 1 tsp sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- n a blender, mix all of the ingredients until the mixture is smooth
- Heat a good, non-stick frying pan or pancake pan and spray with frylight.
- Use a cup measure to pour half a cup of mixture into the middle of the pan
- Allow to sizzle until the top of the pancake is just starting to firm, and the bottom of the pancake is golden brown.
- Spray the top side of the pancake with frylight, and flip over. Cook until the bottom of the pancake is golden brown
- Repeat until you have used all of the mixture. This will make approximately 5.
- Keep the made pancakes warm on a low temp in the oven while you make all of the others
- Serve with fresh or frozen berries, banana, or any fruit you fancy!
If you like cinammon these are lovely with a teaspoon of cinammon added to the mixture.
Tried this recipe?Mention @the_slimming_foodie or tag #theslimmingfoodie!