Warming cauliflower and lentil dal
A simple to make but very tasty cauliflower and lentil dal that makes a perfect easy weeknight option
WARMING CAULIFLOWER AND LENTIL DAL
One of my favourite ways to enjoy vegetables (and especially cauliflower!) is in a curry- and this is both simple and tasty. With the added filling power of lentils, this really is a one-pot meal that is very simple to make!
HOW IS THIS WARMING CAULIFLOWER DAL MADE?
I love how easy this recipe is to make. You can follow along with this step-by step to see how it’s done.
1. Dice the onion, finely chop the garlic and pull the cauliflower into bitesize chunks
2. Gently fry the onion for a few minutes
3. Add the garlic, fry for another minute and then add the curry powder
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and some salt and pepper and stir well
5. Add in red lentils, a vegetable stock cube/pot and some water. Simmer gently for 5 minutes
6. Add the cauliflower, pop a lid on and simmer gently for 6 minutes
7. Add in the green beans, simmer for another 6 minutes
8. Add the chopped coriander and 3/4 of the yoghurt and serve immediately
I served up the warming cauliflower dal with some simple homemade wholemeal flatbreads