Gorgeous, indulgent tasting pudding for a fraction of the syns of the real thing.
I’ve never really liked coffee or alcohol based desserts, but tiramisu has always been the exception, something about the consistency of the sponge fingers with the creamy, chocolately topping is just so good! This version uses quark instead of cream, and as sponge fingers are pretty low syn you can create a really lovely dessert for just 5.5 syns!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp sweetener (1 syn)
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 250 g quark
- 6 sponge fingers 6 syns
- 2 shots espresso or 1 tsp instant coffee dissolved in 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp brandy 2 syns
- 3 tsp cocoa powder 3 syns
- Whisk the egg yolk with the sweetener then beat in the vanilla essence and 2 tbsp quark.
- Gradually whisk in the remaining quark until you have a smooth cream
- Make up the coffee and mix with the alcohol in a wide shallow bowl. Soak the sponge fingers for a minute or two until softened.
- Spoon half the quark mixture into serving glasses, add half the sponge fingers (broken into pieces), sprinkle over 1 tsp cocoa powder then another layer of quark and another layer of sponge fingers.
- Sprinkle over the rest of the cocoa powder, then chill for at least 2 hours before eating.