Classic tasty sweet and sour pork, much healthier than a takeaway but still tastes like a treat!
Syns: 2 per portion
- 2–3 pork loin steaks (fat trimmed away and cut into strips)
- 150 g basmati rice
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 handfuls frozen peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of cider or white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 small red pepper (seeds removed and then finely diced)
- 120 g tinned or fresh pineapple (cut into chunks)
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour (dissolved into 5 tbsp boiling water)
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Stir fry the pork in Frylight for 4 minutes in a frying pan
- Put the rice onto cook
- put the pineapple, pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato puree, orange juice and sugar into a small pan, stir well, and bring to the boil. Add the cornflour/water mix, stir through and simmer gently. Add the fried pork.
- When the rice only has 5 minutes left to go, add in the frozen peas.
- When the rice/peas are cooked, drain and add to the frying pan that you used for the pork
- Turn the heat on, and pour the beaten egg over the top of the rice. Leave it until the egg has just started to solidify, and then stir it through the rice, breaking it up
Add some veg on the side such as sugarsnap peas, green beans or baby sweetcorn
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes