Cheat along the way using frozen, pre-prepared ingredients for this hearty and satisfying comfort food!
Syns: 1.5 per portion
- 1 pork fillet- approx 400-500g (it’s the cut that is long & thin- I have posted a picture above!)
- 500 g frozen casserole mix (carrot, celery, turnip, swede- mine was from Tesco)
- large handful frozen chopped onion
- 2 tsp frozen chopped garlic
- 500 ml cloudy apple juice
- 1 chicken stock pot (dissolved in 300ml boiling water)
- 1 herb infusion pot (I used Knorr which is parsley, thyme & bay)
- 500 g new potatoes
- salt and pepper
- Throw everything into the slow cooker apart from the pork and new potatoes, and stir it all up.
- Pop the pork in, press it down so it’s mainly covered in liquid, pop the lid on, and cook on high for 6-8 hours, or low for 10-12 hours until the pork is tender and falling apart
- When there is an hour of cooking time left, add the new potatoes in
- Prep Time: 5 minutes