A fabulous alternative to roast potatoes, tasty and very pretty on the table!
- 1.5 kg maris piper or King Edward potatoes
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (leaves removed from stem and finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and finely chopped)
- 250 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- Spray oil or low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Wash under a running tap to remove excess starch.
- Spray the sliced potatoes with spray oil or cooking spray, and toss them together to coat fully
- In a ovenproof dish, create one layer of potatoes, overlapping, over the bottom of the dish. Cover with 1/3 of the stock and then sprinkle with 1/3 of the rosemary, and half of the chopped garlic
- Repeat the last step
- Do the final layer of potato, covering with stock, sprinkling with rosemary (not garlic as you don’t want it burnt) and spray the top with spray oil or cooking spray
- Pop onto the top shelf of the oven, and bake for 1 hour, until the potatoes are cooked through and it’s nicely browned on top.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour