I’ve tried quite a few burger recipes since starting Slimming World and this is one of my favourites so far so a traditional tasting but juicy and delicious burger
Syns: 0.5 per burger
- 500 g extra lean mince (less than 5% fat)
- 1 onion (finely diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- low calorie cooking spray
- Fry the onions and garlic until the onion is soft, and allow to cool slightly
- Mix together the mince, tomato sauce and oyster sauce, mixed herbs, egg yolk and a little salt and pepper.
- mix through the onion and garlic until well combined
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls, and flatten into burger shapes
- Fry the burgers 2 at a time using low calorie cooking spray- about 5-7 minutes on each side depending how you like it.
- If you aren’t using all the burgers, freeze them raw, wrapped in clingfilm.
I like to use my HEA cheese in the burger- but there are loads of lovely free toppings too- tomatoes, gherkins, a field mushroom…
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes