I’ve tried quite a few burger recipes since starting Slimming World and this is one of my favourites so far so a traditional tasting but juicy and delicious burger
I love a homemade burger and have experimented lots with different recipes even before I was following Slimming world. I think that this recipe is the best healthy one I’ve done. The oyster sauce keeps it moist while cooking, even with a low fat mince and gives it a nice saltiness.
I served this one with curly fries (made with my new sprializer- Click here- £33.77 on Amazon) and broccoli and runner beans fried with red chilli.
You can have a 60g wholemeal roll as your Healthy Extra B if you don’t want to add to the syns!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 500 g extra lean mince less than 5% fat
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- low calorie cooking spray
- Fry the onions and garlic until the onion is soft, and allow to cool slightly
- Mix together the mince, tomato sauce and oyster sauce, mixed herbs, egg yolk and a little salt and pepper.
- mix through the onion and garlic until well combined
- Divide the mixture into 6 balls, and flatten into burger shapes
- Fry the burgers 2 at a time using low calorie cooking spray- about 5-7 minutes on each side depending how you like it.
- If you aren't using all the burgers, freeze them raw, wrapped in clingfilm.