Crispy on the outside, fluffy in the middle and low in fat!
- 8–10 white potatoes, peeled and cut into halves/thirds depending on their size (maris piper make great roast potatoes)
- 2 Oxo cubes (chicken or beef)
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 200°c
- Chop each potato into 2 or 3 parts, depending on size
- Add the potatoes to a large saucepan with a lid, cover with boiling water, and par-boil them for 5 minutes. When ready, drain the water away, place the lid on the pan and shake the potatoes up vigorously to roughen up the edges (the key to a crisp roast potato). Be careful not to burn your hands! I hold the pan and the lid on with oven gloves when I do this.
- Pop your potatoes into a deep baking tray (ideally stainless steel rather than non-stick- see the note above about this).
- Prepare your stock. Dissolve the Oxo cubes in 300ml of boiling water. Once ready, pour the stock all over the potatoes in the tray. This will partially submerge the potatoes.
- Spray the tops of the potatoes with low calorie cooking spray.
- Pop into the middle of the pre-heated oven, and roast for around 40 minutes (they may require longer, depending on your oven), until the stock has evaporated and the potatoes are crispy on top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Keywords: roast dinner, Roast potatoes, syn free roast potatoes