A tasty hearty vegetarian bake, full of flavour, filling and satisfying!
- 2 aubergines (cut into 1/2 cm slices lengthways)
- 140 g puy lentils
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 300 g butternut squash (diced)
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 small pack basil leaves
- 125 g torn mozzarella
- 45 g grated parmesan
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Cook puy lentils according to packet instructions and set to one side. Heat oven to 180c
- Spray your butternut squash thoroughly with frylight, season with salt and pepper and put on a baking tray and pop into the oven
- Spray another baking tray with frylight, lay the aubergine slices on it, and spray them thoroughly. Season the aubergine. Pop into the oven. Put on a 10 minute timer.
- After 10 minutes, turn the aubergine slices over, and put back in oven for another 10 minutes.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a large frying pan until soft, add the tomatoes, and half a can of water. Allow to simmer gently.
- When your 10 minute times goes off, remove the aubergine and butternut squash from the oven and set the aubergine to one side.
- Stir the squash through the tomato sauce, and season well. Simmer for another 5 minutes
- Add the cooked lentils, and basil into the tomato sauce
- In an oven proof dish, spoon half of the lentil mixture into the bottom and spread evenly. Layer with half of the aubergine slices.
- Layer over the rest of the lentils, the remaining aubergine and scatter the torn mozzarella over the top. Finish with the grated parmesan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes