Tasty lasagne with a twist on the white sauce to keep it healthy and easy to make!
Healthy extra: A (x2)
- 1 onion (peeled and ends removed)
- 1 stick celery (end and stringy bits removed)
- 1 carrot (ends removed and washed)
- 2 cloves garlic (skins removed)
- 500 g lean beef mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 beef stock cube or stockpot
- 1 tbsp sweetener (I prefer Stevia)
- 1 tsp oregano
- lasagne sheets
- 150 g Primula original
- 125 ml semi skimmed milk
- 100 g mozzarella
- 90 g grated cheddar
- salt and pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Fresh parsley (to garnish)
- Finely chop the onion, celery, carrot and garlic
- Heat a non-stick, large pan (one with a lid) with low calorie cooking spray and throw in the veg. Fry gently, stirring every now and again for about 5 minutes.
- Spray a fryng pan with low calorie cooking spray and fry the beef mince on a high heat until browned, breaking up any clumps.
- After the veg have cooked for 5 mins, add the the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, stock cube, soy sauce, sweetener, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Bring up to a fast simmer and add in the mince. Stir well, and simmer for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
- One the bolognese sauce is ready, make the white sauce:
- Squeeze a whole tube of Primula Original into a small saucepan
- Add 125ml semi-skimmed milk and warm them gently through together, stirring as you go.
- Add 30g grated cheddar and stir into the sauce until melted. You should now have a nice (medium consistency) white sauce that is easy to pour
- In a medium sized dish, layer half the bolognese sauce, cover with pasta sheets, and pour on half of the white sauce
- Add the rest of the bolognese, another layer of pasta, and the rest of the white sauce. Tear up the mozzarella over the top, and sprinkle over the remaining grated cheddar
- Place the dish onto a baking tray and bake at 180c for 40 minutes
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes