Healthy extras pizza
Delicious, freshly baked syn-free (or very low syn) pizza using your Slimming World healthy extras!
If you are following Slimming World there are certain wholemeal bread mixes that can be your healthy extra b choice (60g made up), and therefore the perfect vehicle for a delicious homemade pizza!
I used the Asda Chosen by you wholemeal bread mix, and at the time of writing this (1st April 2016) you can also use Aldi ‘The Pantry’ Crusty Wholemeal Bread Mix.
I top with my Best Ever Pizza Sauce (which I think really tastes like authentic takeaway pizza sauce, and is also super healthy with carrots and tomatoes whizzed in) and grated cheddar.
If you want the pizza to be syn free then you need to keep the dough to a 60g portion, and the cheese to a 30g portion (for cheddar), but if you fancy a bigger pizza then it’s still beautifully low syn- just add 6 syns per 60g dough, and 5 syns per 25g cheddar. Just as a little comparison, one of the Pizza Express 245g pizzas from the supermarket is 31 syns!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Healthy extras pizza
- 1 packet wholemeal bread mix Asda Chosen by you or Aldi The Pantry Crusty can both be a healthy extra B at the time of writing
- 1 batch of my Best Ever Pizza sauce see above for link to recipe
- cheddar or mozzarella cheese healthy extra portion for 1 person is 30g cheddar, or 50g mozzarella
- Any pizza toppings of your choice- mushrooms peppers, jalapneos, chicken....
- Make up the bread mix according to packet instructions, and divide the dough into 60g portions (obviously you can make bigger pizzas, just make sure you syn the extra dough!). I freeze any dough that I am not using in portions wrapped in clingfilm
- Roll your chosen amount of dough into a ball, and then roll into a nice thin base. Pop onto a pizza tray, or just a baking tray if you don't have a pizza one (crispier base from a pizza tray though)
- Spread over my syn-free best ever pizza sauce, and sprinkle with your chosen amount of cheese. Top with any chosen toppings. (If you don't have time to make the pizza sauce you can just use tomato puree and sprinkle over some oregano)
- Bake at the top of an oven heated to 180c for 8 minutes