Fudgy Easter egg chocolate brownies
A truly indulgent and definitely not slimming world friendly fudgy chocolate easter brownie
FUDGY EASTER EGG CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Ever since I started Slimming World I have held off baking really indulgent treats like this, as I find them very hard to resist! However, with Easter approaching, and seeing lots of amazing Easter bakes on Instagram I really wanted to have a go at making some delicious Easter brownies.
Every year my girls’ school has an Easter tea, where all of the parents bake cakes to be sold, so I thought this year it was the perfect opportunity to have a go at making some rich, fudgy brownies and have fun decorating them with lots of little Easter eggs!
These are so full of chocolate, sugar and butter that I daren’t even work out the syns for Slimming World purposes, but these are a great fun thing to make with the kids, and make a real Easter showstopper for any cake sale or Easter event!
I drizzled melted chocolate over these after they were baked and used that to stick on the Easter chocolate, as if you place them on top of the brownie mix before baking they will sink into the mixture which still tastes delicious but doesn’t look as pretty!
You can use whatever you fancy to top these! I used a mix of Cadbury mini eggs, Galaxy Golden Eggs, micro eggs and Oreo Dairy milk small eggs! I also sprinkled over some hundreds and thousands for extra colour!
What equipment do I need?
I would recommend lining your baking tin with greaseproof paper as it will make it much easier to remove these from the tin to cut them up! Top tip- instead of spending time measuring out the right sized bit of paper, tear off a bit roughly the right size and crumple it up into a ball. It will then be easy just to line the tin with it ready to fill.
I used a 27cm x 20cm brownie tin, and a balloon whisk for this recipe:
Fudgy Easter egg chocolate brownies
- 400 g milk chocolate
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 150 g caster sugar
- 150 g brown demerera sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 60 g cocoa
- 140 g plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 x 80g bag mini eggs 1 bag Galaxy Golden eggs, 1 bag micro eggs (OR just whichever Easter toppings you fancy!)
- Pre-heat your oven to 180c
- Melt 200g of milk chocolate in the microwave ( to do this, break up the chocolate, place in a heatproof bowl and heat in 30 second bursts in the microwave, checking each time, until chocolate is melty and you can stir it)
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla extract using a fork (I microwaved the butter for about 30 seconds to soften it up for ease)
- Using a whisk, beat the eggs into the butter and sugar until all combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold the melted chocolate into the mixture (make sure it’s not piping hot when you do this as you don’t want to cook the egg!)
- Add in the cocoa, flour and salt and use the wooden spoon to combine all of the ingredients. don’t beat it just gently fold the mixture to combine it.
- Chop up a further 125g of milk chocolate into chunks, and combine into the mixture
- Line a 27cm x 20cm brownie pan/ baking tin with greaseproof paper (read above for my tip on this!) and spoon in the mixture so it evenly covers the bottom of the brownie pan
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes (the brownies should be fudgy but not liquidy so if you push carefully on the top they should be firm enough on the top so your finger doesn’t go straight through!)
- Melt the remaining 75g of chocolate, and drizzle all over the top of the cooked brownie using a teaspoon
- I used Cadburys mini eggs, Galaxy Golden eggs, and some Cadburys Oreo eggs, partly smashing them up by putting them into a clear sandwich bag and bashing them with a rolling pin. You can use any Easter themed toppings that you fancy! My final touch was some tiny little micro Easter eggs, and some hundreds and thousands
- Allow to cool most of the way before cutting up so you can get neat slices!
These are fudgy and amazing, the perfect easter treat!