Diet coke chicken is one of Slimming World’s most popular dishes, and I thought I’d give it a whirl in the slow-cooker with beef- it’s good!
- 500 g lean (diced stewing steak)
- 1 red onion (finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely diced)
- 1 red (1 yellow, and 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks)
- 1 stick celery (finely chopped)
- 2 carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried (mixed herbs)
- 330 ml can diet coke
- 1 beef oxo cube
- Gently fry the onion in Frylight until softened, add the garlic and the beef, and fry until beef is slightly browned.
- Add all of the other ingredients, crumble in the stock cube, and bring to a simmer. Season.
- Transfer the mix to your slow cooker, and cook on high for 6 hours, or low for 10-12 hours
You could add any manner of veg to this dish, mushrooms, courgettes, leeks- good way to use any leftovers up! I serve with rice and coriander, and maybe some fresh green beans.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes