Diet Coke beef
Diet coke chicken is one of Slimming World’s most popular dishes, and I thought I’d give it a whirl in the slow-cooker with beef – it’s good
DIET COKE BEEF
This is a really tasty, syn-free dish, and I have to say I prefer it with beef! Using a cheap cut of lean beef I always prefer it done in the slow cooker as it falls apart when it’s cooked, and I hate having really chewy meat. It has a rich and flavoursome sauce, and makes a great quick meal to heat up if you make a big pot of it!
Diet Coke beef
Diet coke chicken is one of Slimming World’s most popular dishes, and I thought I’d give it a whirl in the slow-cooker with beef- it’s good!Syn-freePrint Recipe
- 500 g lean diced stewing steak
- 1 red onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 red 1 yellow, and 1 green pepper, chopped into chunks
- 1 stick celery finely chopped
- 2 carrots finely chopped
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 330 ml can diet coke
- 1 beef oxo cube
- Gently fry the onion in Frylight until softened, add the garlic and the beef, and fry until beef is slightly browned.
- Add all of the other ingredients, crumble in the stock cube, and bring to a simmer. Season.
- Transfer the mix to your slow cooker, and cook on high for 6 hours, or low for 10-12 hours
You could add any manner of veg to this dish, mushrooms, courgettes, leeks- good way to use any leftovers up! I serve with rice and coriander, and maybe some fresh green beans.
Tried this recipe?Mention @the_slimming_foodie or tag #theslimmingfoodie!