Who knew carrots could taste this good?! sweet and sour and spicy- just delicious!
Syns: 3.5 per portion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 kg carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- grated zest 1 orange
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 tsp harissa paste
- grated zest 1 lemon
- 200 g fat free Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 25 g shelled unsalted pistachios (roughly chopped)
- salt and pepper
- Place the olive oil and butter in a large saute pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots and fry for 6 minutes, stirring often, they need to soften a little.
- Add the stock, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan and cook for another 25 minutes until the carrots are completely soft and there is hardly any liquid left.
- Transfer the carrots to a food processor, add 3/4 tsp salt and blitz briefly to form a coarse paste.
- Leave to cool, and then add the orange zest, garlic, harissa, half the lemon zest and some black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Mix together the yoghurt, lemon juice, remaining lemon zest and 1/4 tsp salt
- Spread the yoghurt out on a serving platter and spoon the carrot mixture on top. Sprinkle with pistachios and serve.
This looks so pretty on the table too!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes