Comfort food at its best!
Syns: 1 per portion
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 4 rashers bacon (fat removed and chopped small)
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 75 ml chicken stock
- 4 tbsp half-fat creme fraiche
- large handful parsley (finely chopped)
- 300 g tagliatelle
- freshly ground salt and pepper
- low calorie cooking spray
- Put the bacon into a preheated frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray, and sizzle for a couple of minutes
- Add the crushed garlic, and stir fry for 1 minute
- add the mushrooms and stir fry for another couple of minutes
- Put the tagliatelle on to cook (usually takes around 8 minutes)
- Stir fry the mushroom mixture for 2 more minutes and then add in the chicken stock, and season with salt and pepper. Leave on a low heat, at no more than a gentle simmer.
- Just before your tagliatelle is ready, stir the creme fraiche through the mushroom and bacon sauce, keep stirring on the heat for a minute or so. You can add a little extra stock if it seems too dry.
- When the tagliatelle is cooked, stir it through the sauce and serve, sprinkled with the fresh, chopped parsley and extra pepper
Parmesan over the top of this is lovely!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes