An easy and hands-off way to make a tasty chicken fajita mix as a traybake
- Low calorie cooking spray (or spray oil if you prefer)
- 2 onions (halved and then sliced)
- 3 peppers (I use red, orange and yellow de-seeded and cut into strips)
- 3 chicken breasts (sliced into strips)
- 1 batch of my Fajita Spice Mix (1 tsp chilli flakes, 1.5 tsp cumin, 1 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp onion powder)
- Coriander and lime to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Spray the base of a deep, nonstick baking tray with low-calorie cooking spray and spread the onions, peppers and chicken over in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the fajita spice mix evenly over the top, and give it all a shuffle around to coat in the spices
- Spray with cooking spray (or spray oil)
- Pop the baking tray into the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, and the peppers and onions are cooked and very slightly charred.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges and coriander
If you like a smokier taste, try substituting the chilli flakes for chipotle chilli flakes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes