Smoky chorizo, creamy Primula cheese, rich tomatoes and orzo make up this quick and easy pasta dish- perfect for feeding the whole family!
Syns: 2 per portion
- 50 g chorizo (finely diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 200 g baby tomatoes (halved)
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1/2 tsp each of freshly ground salt and pepper
- 200 g orzo
- 750 ml hot chicken stock
- 120 g Primula Original cheese
- Low calorie cooking spray or spray oil
- a large handful of chopped fresh parsley & a few halved baby tomatoes to garnish
- In a large,deep frying pan, fry the chorizo in low calorie cooking spray (or spray oil) for about 3 minutes until starting to crisp up and colour slightly
- Add the onion, and stir fry for 4-5 minutes until softened
- Add the tomatoes, crushed garlic , mixed herbs and salt and pepper, and stir fry for another 2 minutes
- Stir the orzo through, and then pour in the stock. Mix everything together thoroughly
- Simmer gently for 20 minutes, stirring every few minutes until the pasta is cooked through (try a bit to check!)
- Squeeze the Primula into the pan and stir until combined.
- Serve topped with some chopped fresh tomatoes and parsley. you could even add a little extra crispy chorizo to top it off!
Delicious served with salad!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes