Healthy but delicious breakfast muffins
Syns: 1.5 (for 3 muffins)
- 30 g porridge oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 g flaked almonds
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 50 g fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp fat free natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract/vanilla bean paste
- low calorie cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Mix together all of the dry ingredients (oats, baking powder, cinnamon) and then mix in the egg, yoghurt and vanilla extract.
- Stir through the blueberries
- Spray a bun tin with cooking spray (3 of the bun holes) and spoon the mixture between the 3.
- Place the flaked almonds over the top of the mixture, and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown on the top and cooked through in the middle
Please note that if you are eating these on their own (without extra yoghurt/fruit/maple syrup) you may want to add a little sweetener or maple syrup into the mixture before baking- this recipe doesn’t produce a very sweet cake.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes