This curried potato and cauliflower dish is delicious, filling and low-cost!
- 3 large potatoes (about 900g, peeled and cut into large chunks)
- A thumb sized chunk of root ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower (broken into florets)
- 1 red pepper (deseeded and roughly chopped)
- 1 large onion (diced)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- large handful chopped coriander
- Boil the potato chunks in a large pan of salted water for 10 minutes, add the cauliflower and cook for a further 5 minutes, then drain, and let steam for a few minutes to dry. Spray generously with frylight.
- Heat a good non-stick frying pan, add Frylight, and toss in the potatoes and cauliflower. Fry them for 10 minutes until the potatoes are lightly golden brown on the outside.
- Add the onion, and fry for another 5 minutes, until the onion has softened. Add the garlic, ginger and pepper and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Throw in all of the spices, and stir fry for another few minutes, being careful not to burn.
- Check that the potatoes are cooked through, stir through the coriander and serve.
You can add all sorts of other veg to this if you have them- carrots (pre-cook), butternut squash (pre-cook), mushrooms, green beans, spinach- use up anything in the cupboard! If you like this, you can always make up a pot of the spice mixture so its ready to go whenever you want to cook it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes