A tasty curry perfect for an all-in-one meal, wholesome and easy to reheat
- For the spice blend: 1 tsp garam masala (1 tsp turmeric, 1 tsp mustard seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp chilli flakes)
- 2 onions (finely chopped)
- 4 big cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 red chilli (diced finely)
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 carrots peeled and diced small
- 1 tin green lentils (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 large handfuls washed spinach (roughly chopped)
- 300 g chestnut mushrooms (chopped into quarters)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander & lime to serve
- Low calorie cooking spray/spray oil
- Gently fry the onion for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until it has softened
- Add the ginger and garlic, and stir fry for another minute on a medium heat
- Add in the spices, stir, and fry gently for a minute.
- Add the carrots and the chilli, stir, and then pour in the vegetable stock
- Add the lentils & chickpeas and the tomato puree. Stir thoroughly.
- Add in the mushrooms and chopped spinach, season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 25 minutes, allowing the stock to reduce and the curry to thicken.
- Serve with coriander and fresh lime.
A bit of mango chutney on the side is delicious!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes