Perfect for your Christmas turkey leftovers- a tasty and syn-free turkey curry
Turkey curry isn’t a tradition in my family, but Bridget Jones’ Diary made me want to introduce it! Luckily it’s a very easy thing to make syn-free as turkey is naturally lean, spices are syn-free and you can squeeze n lots of speed vegetables. I made my own curry spice mx which is so simple, and you can make it in bulk so it’s ready whenever you want to make a quick and easy curry!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 800 g or whatever you have left! cooked turkey
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 3 peppers red, green and yellow
- large handful fresh spinach roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- large handful chopped fresh coriander
- 2 limes juiced
- 400 ml chicken stock
- FOR THE SPICE MIX
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Mix all of the spices together in a ramekin and set aside
- Fry the onions in low calorie cooking spray until translucent (about 7 minutes), and stir in the spices. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes to lightly toast the spices.
- Add the chopped peppers and spinach and stir well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and chicken stock and bring to a simmer
- Add the turkey, put onto a low heat and simmer for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Just before you serve, stir through the lime juice.
- Serve with basmati rice, and sprinkle generously with coriander