Replacing coconut milk with low fat coconut yoghurt removes a lot of the calories but none of the taste!
Syns: 2.5 per portion
- 3 chicken breasts (diced)
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and cubed (or a packet of pre-prepared))
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 dessert spoon (approx 20g red or green thai curry paste)
- 1 450 g tub low fat coconut yoghurt (I use Tesco’s)
- Fresh coriander to serve
- fresh lime wedges to serve
- low calorie cooking spray/spray oil
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Scatter the butternut squash cubes over a baking tray and spray with cooking spray/spray oil. Roast for 30 minutes
- While the squash is roasting, fry the onion for 3-4 minutes until softened and add in the chicken.
- Stir-fry gently for about 10 minutes until no pink is showing on the chicken.
- Add in the curry paste and fry gently for another 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, gently heat through the yoghurt for a couple of minutes.
- Add the roasted butternut squash into the chicken pan, stir through the warmed yoghurt and simmer gently for a couple of minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice (I like to stir lime juice and chopped coriander through the rice, and also sprinkle on top of the curry)
Just a little note- this curry paste is pretty spicy, err on the side of caution if you don’t like very hot food! you may just want to add a really little bit to start with. I eat a lot of chilli, and I find this quite hot (but love it!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes