Just a little twist on mushrooms on toast makes this quick and easy lunch a star dish!
Syns: 1 per portion
Heathy Extra: B
- 250 g mushrooms (I used forestiere)
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4 slices wholemeal bread (from a 400g loaf)
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Fresh parsley
- Fry the mushrooms for a few minutes in low calorie cooking spray, season well then stir in the sweet chilli sauce and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- In the meantime poach your eggs and toast your bread
- Serve topped with a little chopped parsley
How to poach eggs: Bring a saucepan of water up to a very gentle simmer (if it’s not too bubbly the egg won’t disperse all over the pan). I crack the egg into a small bowl first, then, when the water is at a bare simmer, gently and carefully slide the egg into the water. Turn off the heat, place a lid on the pan and allow to poach for 4 minutes. If cooking 2 eggs in the water try to put them in on opposite sides so that they don’t fuse together.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes