A filling and tasty soup perfect for lunch
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 celery sticks (roughly chopped)
- 3 carrots (washed and topped and tailed and roughly chopped (I don’t bother peeling them!))
- 1 leek (trimmed and roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 1 red chilli (deseeded and chopped)
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 150 g red lentils (rinsed)
- 1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- spray a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and gently fry the onions, garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the celery and leek and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, and then add the vegetable stock, carrots and tomato puree. Stir well and bring to a simmer
- Add the lentils, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whizz up with a hand blender, season to taste, add the lemon juice and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes