An amazing Simply Nigella recipe, perfect as a side or a main
- 2 onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 red peppers (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 6 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
- 500 g black turtle beans (dried)
- 1 fresh red chilli (chopped but not deseeded)
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 litre water
- salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once the beans are cooked,salt to taste then remove from heat and let stand for at least 30 minutes, so that the liquid thickens. These are even better when left to cool and then re-heated.
Gorgeous served with rice and fresh coriander.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes