These sausage rolls are only 1/2 syn each using your HEB
If you loved the steak bake, here’s the next big thing, the 1/2 syn sausage roll! Using Healthy extra b Hovis good inside, or Kingsmill wholemeal sandwich thins and low-syn sausages. Here I used the Morrisons NuMe Cumberland sausages which are 1/2 a syn each, but you could try with the Heck Chicken Italia at 0.5 syns each, or the Tesco Healthy Living cCumberland sausages! Or do a veggie version with Quorn sausages… the possibilities are endless! I wish I could credit whoever came up with these but I saw them on a Slimming World forum so don’t know where the recipe originally came from- amazing work though whoever you are!
A tasty low fat version of a sausage rollSyns: 1/2 syn per rollHealthy extra: BPrint Recipe
- 1 Kingsmill wholemeal sandwich thin
- 2 reduced fat sausages
- 1 egg
- low calorie cooking spray
- Heat the oven to 180c. Cook the sausages according to the packet instructions.
- Roll up each sausage in 1/2 of a sandwich thin, into a sausage roll- seal with egg and press down edges
- Dip and roll the sausages roll into the beaten egg to cover
- Spray a baking tray with low calorie cooking spray, place the sausage rolls on the tray
- Bake at 180c for 10-15 minutes until golden and crispy on the outside
Do you know what makes these even yummier? Some chutney spread inside the sandwich thin- I tried a chilli and slow roasted tomato one… sooooo nice!
Tried this recipe?Mention @the_slimming_foodie or tag #theslimmingfoodie!