A lovely, rich spaghetti bolognese
Syns: 0.5 per portion
- 800 g extra lean beef mince
- 2 onions (finely diced)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped or crushed)
- 1 leek (trimmed and finely chopped)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and grated)
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 beef oxo cube
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- In a large pan, fry the onions until they begin to soften, then add the garlic and the leek. Fry for 2-3 minutes
- Add the minced beef and cook until browned, constantly breaking up and stirring the meat to get rid of any big lumps and allow it to brown all over.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the grated carrot
- Crumble in the beef oxo cube, then add the worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, honey and salt and pepper. Stir together.
- Simmer for 35-40 minutes until the sauce is rich and dark (you will need to stir occasionally and can add a little water if it’s getting too dry)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes