A rich, tasty and saucy pork satay dish
Syns: 1.5 per portion
- 4 pork loin steaks (fat removed and cut into chunks)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp powdered peanut butter (please read above to find out more)
- 3 tbsp tomato puree
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp chilli powder (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 170c. In a casserole dish, stir fry the onion, garlic and pork gently for 5 minutes in spray oil or low calorie cooking spray
- Add the ground coriander, soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, peanut butter powder, tomato puree and cilli powder, and stir together until all combined.
- Slowly pour in the chicken stock, stirring as you go to combine the sauce.
- Once all mixed in thoroughly, bake at 170c for 1 hour- stirring well half way through cooking.
Lovely served sprinkled with coriander, served with Asian coleslaw (shredded red cabbage, chopped coriander, fresh red chilli, grated carrot, soy sauce and lime juice) and rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes