A deliciously glazed ham- perfect for picnics, lunches, salads and sandwiches
Syns: 1 per portion
- 1 gammon joint (1.5-2kg)
- 10 black peppercorns
- 15 cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses (read above if you aren’t sure what this is)
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp dark soy saice
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- In a large pan, cover the ham with water, add in the peppercorns, cloves and bay leaves, bring to boil and boil for approx 1 hour (you want to allow 20 minutes per 500g meat)
- Pre-heat oven to 180c. Remove the ham from the water and allow to cool for 15 minutes
- Using a sharp knife, remove the fat from the outside of the ham and discard, then score the ham all over with a criss-cross pattern
- In a small pan, add in the pomegranate molasses, orange juice, mustard, soy sauce and sugar and bring to the boil, stirring constantly
- Pop the ham into a deep baking tray, and pour the glaze all over it.
- Roast for 10 minutes, then pull out and use a spoon to baste it with the glaze, Cook for a further 20 minutes, basting every 5-10 minutes to make sure that as the glaze gets more and more sticky in the baking tray, it is spread back over the ham.
- Rest for 15 minutes before serving. Perfect eaten hot or cold.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours