A quick and easy way to make perfectly crispy and tasty roast potatoes!
- 10 medium-sized potatoes
- 1/2 a chicken oxo cube (finely crumbled)
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- low calorie cooking spray
- Peel potatoes and cut each one into 2 or 3 pieces, (depending on size). Put them into a pan of cold water as soon as they are chopped
- Bring the pan of potatoes and cold water to the boil, and when it is bubbling well, cover with a lid, reduce to a high simmer and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Using oven gloves, use the lid to drain the water away into the sink (make sure it’s all gone), put the lid back on and shake the pan vigorously
- You want to roughen up the outsides of the potatoes, but not completely break them apart.
- Once well roughened, sprinkle over the stock cube, garlic salt and rosemary, spray with low calorie cooking spray, and shake again
- Spray again with cooking spray (generously- you want to make sure they are coated)
- Spray a baking tray with Fry light and pour the potatoes onto it, setting them apart from eachother so they have room to crisp up.
- Bake at 180c for around 1 hour- check them at 45 minutes to make sure they aren’t ready- ovens can vary.
- Once they are brown and crispy on the outside, serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour