A very pretty and tasty festive dessert!
Syns: 3 per portion
- 4 large egg whites
- 175 g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp sweetener granules plus 1 tsp
- 1 level tsp cornflour
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 100 g raspberries plus 300g mixed berries
- 250 g plain quark
- 200 g fat-free natural Greek youghurt
- 50 g pomegranate seeds
- small fresh mint leaves
- 1 level tsp icing sugar (to dust)
- Preheat the oven to 120c. Line a large baking sheet with non-stick baking paper, then, using plates as templates, draw a 26cm circle on the paper and a 20cm circle inside it.
- Put the egg whites into a large, clean bowl and whisk, using an electric hand whisk, until stiff peaks form. Gradually whisk in the sugar and 3 tbsp sweetener to form a stiff and glossy meringue. Whisk in the cornflour and white wine vinegar.
- Using a large metal spoon, arrange 12 spoonfuls of the pavlova mixture between the 2 marked circles to form a wreath shape (the spoonfuls should be touching) then lightly swirl and very slightly flatten each spoonful with the back of the spoon. Bake for 1.5 hours, then turn off the oven and leave the wreath in the oven for at least 3 hours or overnight to cool and dry out.
- When you are almost ready to serve, put 100g raspberries and the remaining sweetener into a small food processor and blend until smooth. Rub the puree through a sieve into a bowl, discarding the seeds.
- Beat the quark and yoghurt together in a bowl until smooth. Spoon the mixture on top of the wreath and scatter the mixed berries and pomegranate seeds on top. Scatter over the mint leaves and dust with icing sugar.
This recipe is from p.100 of the Slimming World Festive Feasts cookbook, available in Slimming World gro
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes