Chilli/chocolate sauce, need I say more?!
Syns: 3 per portion
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1/2 tin (200g chopped tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 chicken stock cube dissolved in 300ml boiling water
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ancho chilli powder (substitute with chipotle if you can’t get ancho)
- 1 fresh red chilli deseeded and chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180c. Heat 1 tsp oil in an ovenproof saucepan with a lid, and stir fry the onion, garlic and chilli for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, spices (cumin, coriander, cinammon, chilli powder) and stir well.
- Add in the chicken stock and stir to combine, then add the cocoa powder, peanut butter and honey. Stir well.
- Add the chicken breasts, stir to cover in sauce, and season with salt.
- Put the lid on the saucepan and pop into the oven. Oven bake for 1 hour. Stir half way through cooking.
- Remove from the oven, pull apart the chicken breasts until shredded and stir through the sauce. If the sauce is still quite thin then simmer on high for a few minutes to thicken it up.
- Stir through the lime juice, and then serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour