The leeks are the star of this lovely, fresh pasta dish- with the lemon, garlic and chilli flavours it’s irresistible
Syns: 3 per portion
- 300 g spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks (trimmed and sliced)
- 200 g large (raw peeled frozen prawns, defrosted and patted dry with kitchen towel)
- 175 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon (zested and then juiced)
- handful fresh flat leaf parsley (chopped)
- Put your pasta on to cook. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the leeks and some seasoning. Sizzle for 5 minutes, stirring often, until softened and turning golden here and there. Remove to a plate.
- Heat the other tbsp oil, turn up the heat and wait a few seconds for the pan to get really hot. Add the prawns and tomatoes with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 2-3 minutes until the prawns turn pink all the way through. Add the chilli flakes, garlic and lemon zest, cook for 1 minute more, then add the leeks back to the pan. Turn the heat down.
- Save a cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain. Tip the pasta into the leek mix, add 5 tbsp of the cooking water, the juice from half the lemon and the parsley and toss well. The pasta shouldn’t be dry – add more of the water if needed.
- Serve in pasta bowls with a little extra parsley sprinkled over the top.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes