An all-in-one pasta dish, perfect for a quick weekday meal
I first saw this on Pinterest, posted by budgetbytes and thought that it looked like a really interesting idea- a pasta dish where you throw ALL of the uncooked ingredients into a pan! The original recipe seems to have come from Apron Strings based on a Martha Stewart idea. The starch in the pasta helps to thicken up the sauce, and the combination of ingredients make a really tasty dinner. It looks too good to be true, but it’s not- the result is a very tasty and simple pasta and it really couldn’t get easier!
An all-in-one pasta dish, perfect for a quick weekday mealSyn-freePrint Recipe
- 800 ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 150 g linguine
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic very thinly sliced
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes make this 1/4 tsp if you don’t like much heat
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 12 basil leaves torn
- Parmesan to garnish syn or use HEA
- Salt and pepper
- Put all the ingredients into a large pan, and bring to the boil, making sure the linguine is covered by liquid
- Simmer for 12-15 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes. The liquid will thicken and reduce, but you can bubble it more vigorously towards the end if you want to reduce it even more
- When the linguine is cooked to how you like it, mix it all up, season, garnish with a little more basil and parmesan and serve!
You could add all sorts of extra veg if you fancy, mushrooms, spinach, endless possibilities!
Tried this recipe?Mention @the_slimming_foodie or tag #theslimmingfoodie!