A tasty and healthy Mexican inspired side-dish
- 2 cans pre-cooked black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 small onion (very finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (very finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1/3 of a green pepper (deseeded and finely diced)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- low calorie cooking spray/ spray oil
- Using low calorie cooking spray or spray oil, stir-fry the onion, garlic, green pepper and green chilli for a few minutes
- Add in the oregano, cumin and paprika, stir through, and then add in the red wine vinegar.
- Stir through the black beans to coat and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry gently for about 20 minutes, stirring fairly regularly, and adding a little water if the mixture starts to get too dry and sticks to the pan.
- Serve warm with chopped, fresh coriander and lime juice if you have them.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes