A roast chicken with a difference- easy to make and so versatile that you can serve it in lots of different ways!
Syn-free (if you don’t eat the skin)
- 1 whole (free-range chicken)
- 3 tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mild Tandoori spice mix
- salt & pepper
- low calorie cooking spray/spray oil
- pre-heat oven to 180c
- Using a sharp knife, make small slits all over the skin of the chicken
- In a small bowl, mix the yoghurt and Tandoori spice
- Using a spoon, spread the Tandoori yoghurt all over the chicken to completely cover it
- Season with salt & pepper, and spray with low calorie cooking spray, or spray oil
- Pop into the oven, and cook for the required length of time for the size of the chicken (usually written on the packaging, but if it’s from a butcher then 20 minutes plus 20 minutes per 450g in weight. It’s usually around an hour and a half for a standard sized chicken)
- Remove from the oven, rest for 10 minutes and serve!
I like the charred look on the outside of the chicken when it comes out of the oven, but if you would prefer it to look less charred, then cover it with foil for the first half of the cooking time.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes