This mushroom soup is a great quick lunch option
- 2 small/1 large onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- a few fresh sage leaves (roughly chopped)
- 250 g chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
- 500 ml vegetable stock (I use Marigold Suisse Bouillon, available from most supermarkets and health food shops)
- 100 ml semi-skimmed milk
- salt & pepper
- low-calorie cooking spray
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and gently cook the onion for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add in the sage and garlic and stir fry for another couple of minutes, then add the sliced mushrooms and stir everything together
- Pour in the vegetable stock, bring up to a simmer, and simmer for 10 minutes
- Using a hand blender, blend the soup.
- Add the milk, bring up to a gentle simmer and season to your own taste with salt and pepper.
Don’t have sage? chopped parsley goes beautifully with this too.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes