A delicious and incredibly easy way to make meatballs in a gorgeous sauce!
- 500 g 5% fat beef mince
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 whole green chilli (stalk removed (leave seeds in if you like extra hot, I do))
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Make up the meatballs by simply rolling the mince into walnut -sized balls. Pop onto an oil or Frylight sprayed baking tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- To make the sauce, use a hand-blender or a food processor to whizz up the tomatoes, garlic and chilli Blend until completely smooth and then season.
- Transfer to a l pan, bring up to a simmer and then bubble gently for 30 minutes. (When the meatballs have cooked for 20 mins, remove them from the oven and add to the sauce)
- I serve with a mix of spaghetti and courgetti, sprinkled with parmesan and torn basil or chopped parsley
This is also lovely as a bake- so once the meatballs are done, stir in with cooked penne or rigatoni, cover with cheese and parmesan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes