A simple traybake that makes an perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family
Syns: 1 per portion
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 150 g baby plum tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes halved)
- 4–6 chicken thighs (skin removed and excess fat trimmed away)
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp green pesto
- 150 g orzo
- 100 g green beans (topped & tailed)
- salt and pepper
- a few fresh basil leaves and some parmesan to garnish!
- pre-heat oven to 180c
- Add the chopped onion, baby tomatoes & chicken thighs into a deep baking tray
- Stir the pesto into the chicken stock, and pour over the ingredients in the baking tray. Pop into the oven for 15 minutes
- Remove the tray form the oven, and add in the orzo around the chicken. Give it a little stir to ensure it’s covered by the stock.
- Bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, give the pasta a stir, and just make sure it isn’t stuck in the corners or clumping. Add in the green beans, push down gently so that they are partly submerged. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for a further 5 minutes. Try a bit of the pasta to ensure it’s cook through, and just double check that the chicken is also cooked through.
- To serve, sprinkle over some fresh basil leaves, add some parmesan curls and grind some pepper over the top. You can add a little pesto on top of the chicken at this stage if you’d like to make it look extra appetising!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes