A delicious homemade curry sauce, perfect for dipping your chips!
Syns: 0.5 per portion
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 onions (diced)
- 5 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 600 ml chicken stock (or vegetable stock for vegetarian)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 tespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Heat cooking spray in medium non-stick saucepan, add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add flour and curry powder; cook and stir for 1 minute. Gradually stir in stock until combined; add honey and soy sauce. Add carrots and bring to the boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Whizz up with a hand blender or in a food processor and then return to heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens a little but is still of pouring consistency. Stir in garam masala. Serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes