So easy to do and such a treat to eat!
If you have followed this blog for a while you may well have picked up on the fact that I love a good pizza sauce! Perhaps it’s because it tastes so good without being unhealthy, or it has that echo of eating something really indulgent (a big old pizza) and chases away cravings for junk food.
This is the sort of meal that I would always go for if I was at an American-Italian restaurant, it’s such a satisfying meal to eat. This is the super-quick version- most of the time I would add in chopped onion and fresh garlic, but this is the weeknight in-a-hurry version, but it’s still full of goodness and super lean.
It’s up to you what you prefer to serve it with- regular spaghetti is obviously great, wholewheat spaghetti adds a nice extra bit of fibre, and butternut squash noodles would also be a really tasty option. Or even just a green salad!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp onion granules
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- small handful torn basil
- 6 chestnut mushrooms roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- 150 g mozzarella
- 30 g grated parmesan
- Pre-heat oven to 180c
- In an ovenproof dish with a lid, pop in the all of the ingredients apart from the cheese and mix together
- Cook for 40 minutes (lid on) at 180c
- Stir well, and cover with the torn up mozzarella, and grated parmesan
- Bake with the lid off for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown
- Serve with spaghetti and extra torn basil