Lovely crispy chicken nuggets
I love chicken nuggets, and these low syn ones feel like such a treat! These use rice krispies to make the crispy coating, but you can use breadcrumbs made from your HEB brown bread if you want to make them free from syns!
Lovely crispy chicken nuggets!Syns: 2 per portionPrint Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 egg
- 20 g rice krispies
- Low calorie cooking spray I used Groovy Food Company coconut oil spray for these ones
- Salt and pepper
- Crush up the rice krispies in a small bowl with the end of a rolling pin
- Beat the egg with a fork in a separate bowl
- Spray a baking tray with low-calorie spray
- Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, then roll in the crushed rice krispies and place on the baking tray
- When all of your chicken is on the tray, season it with salt and pepper, and then spray generously all over with low-calorie spray
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180c until golden brown
If you haven’t used your HEA for the day, some parmesan grated into the rice krispie mixture is lovely in these.
Tried this recipe?Mention @the_slimming_foodie or tag #theslimmingfoodie!