A simple, tasty and quick to make family-friendly stew
Syns: 2 per portion (for the chorizo), this is based on a calculation of 3.5 syns per 25g. Different brands may vary.
- spray oil
- 4 chicken thigh fillets (excess fat trimmed away)
- 1 red onion (finely diced)
- 50 g chorizo (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 can (400g) butterbeans (drained)
- 1 can (400g) haricot beans (drained)
- 400 g tomato passata
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 500 ml hot chicken stock
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- small handful parsley (finely chopped, to garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- In a large, flameproof/oven-safe casserole dish, spray in a little oil, and add the chicken thigh fillets, chorizo and onion. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, stir it through, and then add the butterbeans and haricot beans, passata, chicken stock and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper, stir well, and then place into the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, stir, and break up the chicken thighs (either use a wooden spoon to break them roughly apart, or remove them to slice up on a chopping board and then add back in to the stew.
- Garnish with fresh parsely to serve. Serve on its own, with some salad or pitta bread, or with rice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes