A classic, simple and delicious soup
- 2 small/1 large onion (diced)
- 1 medium potato (peeled and diced)
- 600 g carrots (rinsed, topped and tailed and roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 litre vegetable stock (I use Marigold Suisse Bouillon, available from most supermarkets and health food shops)
- 1/2 pack fresh coriander (approx 15g roughly chopped)
- salt & pepper
- low-calorie cooking spray
- Spray a large pan with low calorie cooking spray and gently cook the onion for 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the carrots and potato, and gently cook for another 10 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes to prevent sticking
- Sprinkle in the ground coriander, and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetable stock, pop on a lid, and simmer gently on a low heat for 30 minutes
- Add in the fresh coriander, and then using a hand blender, blend everything into a smooth soup, and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes