This is a delicious soup and really tops it off having some cheesy toast to go with it!
Healthy extra: A&B (for the cheesy tabasco toast)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 medium butternut squash (peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks.)
- 1 small potato (peeled and quartered)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp passata
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- A few thyme sprigs to serve
- For the cheesy toast
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf
- 80 g reduced fat cheddar
- Tabasco sauce
- Spray a large pan with frylight and place over a low heat, add the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, potato, sweet potato and carrot and cook for 2 minutes over a medium heat. Add the garlic and season. Pour in the stock and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Towards end of soup cooking make cheese on toast, sprinkled with Tabasco sauce
- Using a hand-blender or food processor, blend soup until smooth and serve sprinkled with thyme sprigs with the cheesy toast on the side.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes